IQ Inc. is dedicated to providing creative, high-quality software to our clients while supplying a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment to our team.
We are currently in need of a Software Release Engineer who will work on a team that oversees and develops the processes, and tools used for building, configuring, and deploying the Business Solutions platform of software products. The candidate will have knowledge working in a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment using a wide variety of tools to deliver consistent, successful software builds. Demonstration of the ability to automate and improve processes that will affect efficiency and effectiveness for the software release lifecycle is essential.
Experience: 5 years’ experience as a release engineer, build engineer, or software developer.
Required Technical Skills
• Knowledge of Configuration and Release Management best practices
• Knowledge in the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience implementing and automating CI/CD Processes for software delivery
Desired Technical Skills
• Experience with Windows and the .NET Framework (C# and/or VB)
• Experience deploying JAVA Microservices
• Experience with build and deployment automation tools (such as TeamCity, Octopus, and Xebia XL)
• Experience working with source control management systems (specifically Team Foundation Server and Gitlab with Gitflow)
• Experience in one or more scripting languages (preferably PowerShell, Python, and Gradle)
• Experience with CloudFoundry and/or AWS
Desired Skill Set
• Ability to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to multi-task both service-based and planned work assignments
• Ability to identify the root cause of process errors and provide recommendations and/or solutions for improvement
Knowledge of Agile development practices
• Be a positive team member and eventual leader that can proactively coordinate with developers and managers to enforce the release management process and enhance effectiveness and efficiency
• Experience working in a healthcare systems or other highly regulated environment
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Science, Information Technology, or equivalent related program or experience.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.