IQ Inc. is passionate about our employees and the clients with which we partner with! We find creative solutions to technical problems and incorporate collaborative environments that make a positive impact on day to day operations! We have a “people first” mentality and provide high-quality software to our clients, while supplying a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment to our team!
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior IT Hardware Design Engineer. In this role you will work with our client to deliver hardware solutions that make a positive impact on people around the world. You will be responsible for laying out hardware design for large scale projects, creating hardware design documents, identifying potential risks, working with vendors, and providing expertise to the team.
This candidate will be an expert at problem-solving and planning, possesses superior analytical abilities, and has exceptional organizational and communication skills! Please read below to see if you are the right fit for this Senior IT Hardware Design Engineer position!
- Leading projects that delivers Information Technology infrastructure including computing, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications
- Responsible for producing functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analyses as appropriate
- Ensure design compliance through requirements traceability
- Participate in or lead reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, and implement corrective and improvement actions
- Develop bid estimates and schedules for hardware to meet customer requirements
- Lead project meetings with appropriate personnel to support completion of tasks to plan
- Effectively communicate project status, propose risk mitigation
- Vendor contact for new and emerging technologies to enhance a cost effective solution
- Review team’s documents and drawings
- Guarantee the functional analysis of V&V feedback and site tests
- Ensure the hardware and functional documents produced are issued and controlled in accordance with company process
- Guarantee the delivery of complex & medium functional designs (HW, SW, functional and configuration design & production check)
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering or Equivalent Technical Background
- 7+ years of applicable professional experience
- Ability to analyze and refine systems requirements
- Able to manage large complex projects independently
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Fully competent in understanding and applying project management principles and methodologies
- Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
- Resource planning, scheduling and tracking skills
- Cost management and tracking expertise
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.