Data Solutions Architect
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
At Ippon, We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We turn large amounts of coffee into beautiful code. We are always learning, and always improving on the latest technologies. We empower our people because they are our biggest asset. We put a high value on our culture, and continue to see success because of the great people that make us who we are.
Ippon values talented individuals who are fun to work with. We also value diversity and the different perspectives our employees bring to Ippon Technologies everyday. We are Java experts and crazy about JHipster! Do you love Open Source Technologies? Are you driven by providing solutions and value to clients? Are you the one everyone comes to for all things Data, and Tech? Then Ippon USA is where you belong! And It’s your lucky day, because we are currently seeking a Data Solutions Architect.
Are you an experienced Data Solutions Architect with an Expertise in End to End Big Data Solutions? Then take your next career step with Ippon Technologies, a Global Java and OSS leader!
What you will do:
- Leverage extensive knowledge of data systems, process flows and procedures to aid analyses and recommendations for solution offerings;
- Lead feasibility analysis, select the technologies that provide the best solution and identify the products available that will best fit the solution proposed;
- Design solutions, taking advantage of existing assets while maintaining a balance between architecture requirements and specific client needs;
- Create prototypes, conduct proofs of concepts, evaluate options with pros and cons and provide recommendations;
- Assess the business situation by engaging with varied levels and profile of stakeholders;
- Facilitate project execution by providing support in project-level issue resolution and scope management. Ensure quality of all project deliverables;
- Collaborate with other team members (involved in the requirements gathering, testing, roll-out and operations phases) to ensure seamless transitions.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university;
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in IT, IT services or consulting work
- At least 3 years of hands-on development experience using open source or cloud big data components like: Hadoop, Flume, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, HBase, AWS, Kafka, Impala, Cassandra;
- Understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Programming experience in: Java, Python, R, Scala;
- Proven ability to lead teams in the development of big data solutions;
- Deep expertise in the principals and architecture of various technologies within the big data stack is required;
- Experience implementing 2-3 end-to-end big data solutions in the cloud (Amazon Web Services or other) across multiple technologies and platforms;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in interpersonal and written formats;
- Familiarity with agile development best practices preferred;
- Knowledge of IT strategy and management desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have an AWS Big Data Architect certification.
So, do YOU speak Ippon? Tell us about yourself!
Ippon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.