At Ippon, We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We turn large amounts of coffee into beautiful Code. We are always learning, and always improving on the latest technologies. We empower our people because they are our biggest asset. We put a high value on our culture, and continue to see success because of the great people that make us who we are.
Ippon values talented individuals who are fun to work with. We also value diversity and the different perspectives our employees bring to Ippon Technologies everyday. We are Java experts and crazy about JHipster! Do you love Open Source Technologies? Are you driven by providing solutions and value to clients? Are you the one everyone comes to for all things Tech? Then Ippon USA is where you belong! And It’s your lucky day, because we are currently seeking a Big Data Engineer.
Are you an experienced Software Engineer with an Expertise in Big Data? Then take your next career step with Ippon Technologies, a Global Java and OSS leader!
What you will do:
- Scala / Java / Python Development
- Work with analysts and data owners to understand use cases and hypothesis to test with the data
- Research and prototyping of new technologies related to Big Data: Kafka, Spark, Airflow etc.
- Creation and optimization of data pipelines
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least three (3+) years of Scala / Java / Python development experience
- Data Streaming techniques Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Flink, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Hands on Hadoop experience (Hive, Pig, Hbase, etc.)
- Experience with AWS technologies: DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis...
- NoSQL: MongoDB and/or Cassandra very desirable
- Agile development
- Judo optional