At Ippon, We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We turn large amounts of coffee into beautiful Code. We are always learning, and always improving on the latest technologies. We empower our people because they are our biggest asset. We put a high value on our culture, and continue to see success because of the great people that make us who we are.
Ippon values talented individuals who are fun to work with. We also value diversity and the different perspectives our employees bring to Ippon Technologies everyday. We write code that writes code. We open-sourced Jhipster. We are Java experts who love and support open source! In case you haven’t realized it yet, we are also crazy about JHipster! Do you love Open Source Technologies? Are you driven by providing solutions and value to clients? Are you the one everyone comes to for all things Tech? Then Ippon USA is where you belong! And It’s your lucky day, because we are currently seeking a Java Engineer.
The Java Engineer’s role is to assist design and implementation of information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. We are an Engineer Shop, and we are seeking a Full Stack Java Engineer to join the team and work on our incredible solutions for our clients!
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least three (3+) years of work experience, with two (2+) or more years direct experience developing Enterprise Java software
- Work in an Agile environment with cross-functional roles; Be a proactive team player
- Engage in design and code reviews
- Very strong knowledge of at least one major application framework (i.e. Spring)
- Research potential technical solutions and develop proof of concepts
- Work with technical architects and developers to finalize the architecture and design
- Effectively communicate with developers and management to convey pros and cons of various project approaches
- Verify all software developed with automated unit tests
- Automate builds and prepare deployment packages
- Prepare documentation covering design and implementation
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of testing and production
- Keep up with industry trends and relevant system development technologies
- Continuous Integration, Build scripts (e.g. Maven)
- Version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion); Continuous Integration Software (e.g. Jenkins)
- Judo optional
- Attention to details. Mention the word ‘pineapple’, in your interview
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Experience contributing to open source software (Bonus)
- Experience developing applications using JHipster (Bonus)
- Familiar with the technology stack used by JHipster: Angular, Spring Boot, Yeoman (Bonus)
So, do YOU speak Ippon? Tell us about yourself!
Ippon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.