Ionic empowers web developers to build amazing apps. Ionic’s open source software (Ionic Framework) has a massive, vibrant community that has paved the way for rapid commercial growth. In less than 12 months since launching various enterprise products, we have added several million dollars in Annual Recurring Revenue. This growth has fueled aggressive revenue targets and we now have our sights set on a path to $100M+.
To get there we need someone who can make the case for change among audiences like Architects and CTOs — key buyers and influencers in the app development space. We need a Content Marketer who can craft compelling narratives that grab their attention and alter their thinking.
But we’re not just looking for a great writer. We want a strategic thinker who can work collaboratively with our team to craft content and messaging for each phase in the buyer’s journey. All of this is critical to Ionic’s aggressive growth goals.
We need you to craft content that takes concepts related to app development, open source, and more, and communicate them in a compelling way to both business and technical audiences.
- Create and collaborate on various types of marketing content; content responsibilities include web copy, datasheets, blogs, press releases, white papers, video scripts, customer case studies, and more.
- Research and/or interview internal or external experts to capture ideas and distill complex ideas into effective, clear communications.
- Contribute to company and product messaging development and communications and ensure that our content is consistent and aligned with the company’s desired messaging and positioning.
- Track and report on content marketing activity and make recommendations to improve results.
- Maintain a content publishing schedule, support product launches, marketing campaigns, sales campaigns, competitive efforts, and more.
- 3-5 years’ experience creating marketing content in multiple forms (e.g., web collateral, datasheets, blogs, etc.) at a B2B software or other technology company
- Experience learning and grasping technical concepts and turning them into compelling marketing content.
- Experience developing and ensuring that content is consistent with company/product messaging and positioning.
- Agency experience would be a big plus
The perfect fit
- You are a great writer and a prolific content creator
- You want to drive and own the content strategy
- You are comfortable with the frequent change and ambiguity that is common in startups
- You are passionate about technology and how it can impact people’s lives for the better
- You are happy to jump into new areas of learning
- You can manage a project and keep deliverables on-track
- You’re comfortable working across the company and collaborating every day with designers, product leads, engineers, sales team members, and fellow marketers
What You Get
- Outstanding teammates
- Flexible remote gig
- Fast-growing company
- Leaders who care about your personal & career development (really)
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Health benefits and team incentive programs
- Do what you love with people you enjoy working with
We build software that helps others build amazing mobile, web and desktop applications.
Since then, Ionic has been adopted by individuals and enterprises all over the world -- from early-stage startups to some of the world’s largest brands. Meanwhile, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial OSS toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform that helps individuals and teams design, build, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before.
Every successful B2B product/company makes its users/customers look great in the eyes of their colleagues, bosses, and end customers. That’s what we do and it’s how we’ve started building a rapidly growing commercial business on top of our OSS success. To keep doing that, we need your help.
We are a distributed company with team members throughout the US and parts of Europe. We also have offices in Madison, WI and Boston, MA. The location for this role is flexible, although the candidate must be in the United States.