Ionic is a developer-focused platform that makes it easy to build amazing apps in one codebase, for any device, with the web.
When we started Ionic back in 2012, we just wanted to create a better way for web developers to use their existing skills to build apps. Today, Ionic has grown to become one of the world's most popular cross-platform mobile development technologies - backed by a vibrant community of more than 5M developers in over 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.
We’re hiring experienced full-stack developers to work both on our open source and commercial enterprise teams.
Details of this role:
- Type of work: Full-time
- Start date: immediately
- Location: Flexible/remote for applicants in US time zones
Today, our native team helps companies like GE integrate with leading native SDKs so they can build apps faster than before, with teams that are familiar with web technology not native technology.
Why we’re hiring
Both our open source products/community and our enterprise products/business are growing fast and we need talented engineers to keep that going!
Desired Skills and Personal Characteristics
- You have substantive practical experience as a developer building complex web applications. A CS degree and the knowledge of core concepts it provides are highly valued.
- You are passionate and deeply curious about software development. You’re also passionate about the software development community and helping other software developers achieve their professional goals.
- You are laser focused on the end-user while also keeping in mind what the business is working to achieve and how your work will support business objectives.
- You are someone who is constantly evaluating the newest technologies and thinking of ways to incorporate them into your work.
- You’re results oriented. You like creatively solving problems and using your knowledge and expertise to help people in a range of ways.
- Your personality fits and even enhances Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement, transparency, communication and customer centricity.
- You’re not freaked out by the ambiguity common in a startup.
- You’re a self-starter.
- You’re a team player -- you put the interests of the team and the company above your own.
- You are open to the idea of working across the technology stack from front-end to back-end with a range of technologies, as opposed to wanting to focus on a specific area of engineering.
- We are open to a candidate with less mobile experience but a stronger CS background and willingness to learn, as we believe great engineers should be able to work in any language for any platform.