Team & Role Description
The go-to-market team at Ionic is a lean crew of talented, passionate, and highly-driven Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success professionals whose sole mission is to see Ionic become the premiere platform for delivering incredible app experiences on any device using the power of the open web.
Today, we are looking to expand the team with a Senior Product Evangelist who can help us drive our revenue and commercial growth objectives for 2018 and beyond.
The role of Senior Product Evangelist will be a major engine of our commercial growth: driving demand, awareness, and thought leadership for Ionic’s commercial products among enterprise developers and digital architects; being a public-facing technical subject matter expert for Ionic solutions; and supporting Ionic’s growth by providing input to the product team on new market opportunities and product requirements, based on learnings and observations from customer interaction.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about writing and talking to developers, fueled by the challenge of commercializing an open source platform, and comfortable with the constant change and dynamism that comes with working in a lean, high-growth environment.
Key Challenges & Objectives
- Help drive demand, awareness and thought leadership for Ionic’s commercial products
- Create high-value content that is engaging, educational, and entertaining targeted at developers and architects
- Author blogs, ebooks, white papers, and contributed articles
- Present on technical webinars and live talks
- Host weekly product demos
- Publish demo videos and customer interviews
- Develop presentations and other sales-enablement material
- Author social posts and help to manage and promote Ionic’s social presence
- Be the public-facing technical subject matter expert for Ionic’s commercial offerings
- Represent Ionic at conferences and events
- Speak with members of the press during key product launches and campaigns
- Assist the Ionic sales team with pre-sales support as needed
- Work with prospective customers in a technical pre-sales capacity and always be mindful of opportunities to advance Ionic’s commercial opportunities.
- Support Ionic’s growth by providing input to the product team on new market opportunities and product requirements, based on learnings and observations in the market
- Advocate on behalf of enterprise developers internally to influence product strategy, product roadmap, product positioning and messaging, go-to-market strategy and execution based on your frequent external interactions and your knowledge of the market and ecosystem.
- Keep a close eye on the fast-changing mobile ecosystem and help the product and GTM teams informed of key trends that should influence our strategy and execution.
Required skills and attributes
- Passion for marketing and evangelizing technical products to developer audiences and solving customer problems.
- Strong technical acumen and passion for software. You’ve written code and you’ve worked in a role such as developer relations, sales engineering or technical marketing
- Previous experience marketing or selling or supporting or training enterprise developers and senior IT leaders is desired but not required
- A continuous learner capable of becoming a subject matter expert in new topic areas like Mobile DevOps, Progressive Web Apps, and Rapid Mobile App Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write quality content with very little outside editing required
- Comfort with public speaking (webinars and at conferences)
- Ability and willingness to manage multiple work streams at once
- Prior startup experience or track record that demonstrates having taken responsibility for outcomes, and an ability to handle ambiguity and rapid and continuous change
- Experience with video production a big plus
- Your personality fits and even enhances Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement. You’re transparent, communicative and you care about users and customers. You’re a simplifier, and you have an innate sense of urgency. You’re a team player -- you put the interests of the team and the company above your own.
We are a distributed company with team members throughout the US and parts of Europe. We also have offices in Madison, WI and Boston, MA. The location for this role is flexible, although the candidate must be in the United States.
Ionic was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide open source tools and services that empower web developers to participate in the fast-growing mobile app economy, using their existing skillset.
The open source Ionic Framework, launched in 2014, has since become the world's most popular development stack for building cross-platform mobile and Progressive Web Apps, backed by a vibrant community of more than 5M developers in over 200 countries.
As part of our journey as a company, we have long held the goal of building healthy, vibrant business on top of our open source platform. The team has made great strides towards that end in the last 12 months with a series of commercial offerings aimed at addressing the entire app lifecycle.
Ionic Pro, a mobile DevOps platform released in 2017, makes it easier than ever to design, test, and deliver incredible apps with Ionic. Ionic Pro powers apps for thousands of developers and teams all over the world - from indies and startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. We also offer mission-critical support, advisory, and training services for larger enterprises that have chosen to standardize on Ionic.
Meanwhile, the Product team is actively exploring new ways to expand our platform to better support our customers and help them achieve their objectives for app development and delivery. Ionic’s commercial success - driven by these offerings - helps to ensure our long-term growth and ability to fund new open source initiatives.