Senior Software Engineer – Algorithm development
inui Health is a consumer medical diagnostics company developing diagnostic capabilities in a mobile environment to empower consumers with access to information about their own health, anytime, anywhere, leading to a better quality of life. The current product pipeline includes inui In-Home Urine Analysis, a urine test kit designed to check for several health conditions by measuring the levels of chemical substances in a urine sample. This test kit combines intelligent algorithms, the mobility of smartphones, and in-vitro diagnostic science to support personalized medicine. Be a part of a team whose vision is to provide cloud-based diagnostic testing with higher accuracy and lower cost for early intervention.
Do some good. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Algorithms department at inui you will have the unique opportunity to work with a variety of engineering teams, taking part in the research, design, and development of software solutions; being the interface between the Algorithms team and the Cloud and App development teams. You will work cross-functional and will need a breadth of software engineering experience with an emphasis in machine learning.
- Write code, particularly with Python, for algorithm and machine learning development
- Assist with the design and development of software: prototyping to deliver new and innovative solutions
- Demonstrate that the developed software meets accuracy requirements using visual and numerical presentations (such as graphical)
- Write design input specifications and requirements related to the software for the product development phase.
- Lead and contribute to code validation and debug in real-world applications
- Collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams to validate the developed algorithm
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in software design, development and debugging
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Understanding of machine learning concepts such as feature extraction, data pruning, supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, cross-correlation, regression, SVM, and data cleaning
- Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment
- Experience in writing system specifications (SPEC) and prototype test plans (TP)
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques