ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking an experienced Retail General Manager to play a key role in expanding our brand story in our San Francisco Guideshop. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You have experience working on (and potentially managing) a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development.
- You are detailed oriented and are capable of managing the nuance of individual customer’s needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- You have a keen eye for design.
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process.
- You are comfortable communicating with customers and are able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each customer interaction.
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help.
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”.
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- End-to-end responsibilities include: sales and management, business development, event planning, executing marketing campaigns, raising awareness around the brand, support in hiring and training a local team
- Manage complete selling process from customer first touch point to purchase execution and ensure the customer experience is exceptional
- Recruit, mentor, train, and inspire Guideshop Sales Team members as part of your daily responsibilities to your team
- Grow the sales team, while improving sales processes to ensure that growth never compromises our focus on customers and the I/D brand.
- Field inquiries (and ultimately sell) to consumers over the phone, email, and – importantly – in person in our Guideshop
- Help cultivate our brand culture, building a community around our new Guideshop including the build out of events
- Advocate the I/D brand story
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- You have 4+ years experience in sales management and/or hospitality
- You’ve hired and lead sales teams with over $2M in revenues
- You are comfortable managing sales relationships, setting team goals, and maintaining sales performance objectives
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate details into actionable responses
- You are a clear, effective communicator
- You love interacting with customers (and teammates)
- You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences
- You are willing to travel and to spend time in Chicago, at I/D headquarters.
Great to have
- Knowledge about design and furniture.
- Proficiency in Excel and / or Google Sheets.
- Experience with the customer service platform Zendesk.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit.
Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- 40% employee discount
- $1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.