ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a new Developer to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Headquarters in Chicago. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You are detailed oriented and are capable of managing the nuance of individual customer’s needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- You are able to present and defend your work (strong opinions, loosely held)
- You commit to pushing your designs beyond “good enough” and understand the need to gain feedback often and early.
- Understand the need to design with an understanding of how new assets fit with and build upon our design system
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help.
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience.
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- Partnering with our Director of Engineering on maintaining and improving our technology infrastructure
- Architect new features, improve existing features
- QA other developers code
- Working cross functionally, with all departments of Interior Define
- Taking ownership of your code, knowing when to ask for help and seek feedback
- Ability to self manage; we are a small team and need someone who is driven and resourceful as an individual as much as they are collaborative and a team player
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 2-4 years experience in OOP environment
- Strong PHP Development Skills
- Understand the benefits (and drawbacks) of Service Oriented Architecture
- Must be a strong communicator able to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines
- A creative problem-solver and great communicator—in person, over email, Slack, Trello, Google Docs, etc.
- Startup experience, ideally in an e-commerce environment
- Understand the importance of user centered design
- Experience using project management tools like Jira, Trello, Asana etc.
Great to have
- Project management experience.
- Magento 1.x experience
- Experience with an MVC like Laravel
- Experience with hosting environments (AWS, Rackspace, etc.)
- Experience with Shopify or any other popular ecommerce platform.
- Passion or curiosity for interior design and furniture.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit.
Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- 40% employee discount
- $1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
- Incredible opportunity for rapid growth within the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.