ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a new Senior Accountant to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Chicago Headquarters. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience. This individual will report directly to the Controller. This role will be the first on staff accountant at Interior Define and will have the opportunity to help build out the accounting team.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
● You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience
● You have experience working on a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development
● You have a keen eye for detail
● You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process
● You are comfortable communicating with Sr. leadership and collaborating cross-functionally
● You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work. You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help
● You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality)
● You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”
● You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
● Maintains day to day general ledger activity including AP, cash, order management, and cost accounting
● Responsible for monthly close process to ensure accurate GAAP financials, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
● Analyzes financial statements to identify trends and issues
● Provides quantitative analysis to help leadership and other team members make strategic decisions
● Identifies areas for process improvement and explores opportunities for change
● Assists in coordination with outside parties for annual audit, as well as various tax filings
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
● You have 3+ years of accounting experience (preferably a mix between audit and in house)
● You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate details into actionable responses
● You are a clear, effective communicator
● You love interacting with customers (and teammates)
● You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences
Great to have
● Proficiency in Excel and / or Google Sheets
● Proficiency in Netsuite
● Start Up experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 100-day return policy are included with every order. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
● Health benefits
● Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
● Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
● Flexible vacation policy
● Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.