ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a Chief of Staff to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Headquarters in Chicago. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience. The Chief of Staff will partner with the Chief Executive Officer on key initiatives that will drive growth within the company.
The ideal candidate is eager to help us expand our brand, and to create a unique customer experience that far exceeds the uninspired, traditional furniture buying process. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture.
- You are excited about building an innovative brand, that prioritizes an elevated customer experience
- You are a generalist with the ability to quickly dive into details
- You are extremely detail oriented and are capable of managing the nuances of individual customer’s needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to work fully autonomous at times driving full ownership of your day-to-day tasks
- You jump in and solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know when to ask for help
- You are naturally curious and look for opportunities to make things better and faster across the entire company (without compromising quality)
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- Ability to maintain confidential information given the partnership with the CEO and senior leadership team
- Strong ability to influence others cross-functionality
- Partner with the Chief Executive Officer to coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Prep, polish, and distribute materials for Quarterly Board of Director meetings
- Lead strategic time management for the CEO, calendar coordination and prioritization
- Reviewing Internal and External Communications: draft reports, pitch decks, speeches and/or presentations
- Act as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the CEO, including operational support and communication to and from the Board of Directors
- Build internal relationships with key stakeholders of the business, garnering a cross-functional perspective
- Leverage technology and data analytics to promote data driven decisions
- Create and update dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators
- Ad hoc quantitative analysis as needed
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 4+ years in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Solid understanding of corporate finance concepts and financial analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Tableau proficiency
- SalesForce experience is a plus
- Experience in a consumer focused industry
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit.
Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- 40% employee discount
- $1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.
- Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
- Stock options