Instrumental is creating the future of manufacturing, empowering companies to optimize their factories through the use of artificial intelligence. Thanks to Instrumental, companies can:
- increase yields (the percent of goods passing inspection);
- decrease dark yield (the escape of goods that should have failed inspection); and,
- trace everything (to narrowly scope recalls to only those goods affected).
Our product is delighting customers, who now have access to technology that produces results previously unattainable. The Instrumental customer list is growing across a diverse set of manufacturing applications, and we are asking you to help us reach the entire market.
Instrumental is seeking an ambitious and get-it-done individual to lead our outbound marketing effort to drive customer acquisition and expansion. You will be a pivotal member of our go-to-market team, contributing to an overall strategy spanning sales, marketing, and product.
In this role, you will:
- refine our messaging and positioning, the foundation of all our content;
- optimize the structure and messaging of Instrumental.com to drive conversion;
- develop and own a content marketing strategy to drive acquisition and engagement;
- experiment with guerrilla marketing ideas to uncover our best lead generation channels;
- manage a roadmap of tradeshows and industry events to generate new leads; and,
- mature our social presence online to drive traffic back to our website.
You will own and execute a content marketing strategy of stories you’ve sourced and written -- such as customer case studies, blog posts about best practices, or interviews with influencers in our space -- all for our technical audience.
You will also bring your own ideas on clever ways to engage our target audience and community through your own brand of “guerilla marketing” -- which might mean hosting dinners and events, staging publicity stunts, or joining broader conversations about current event topic.
While this is a hands-on individual contributor role, there is opportunity to grow and lead a small team as results are achieved.
After 1 month, you have:
- solidified a clear message and accompanying positioning statement;
- delivered a handful of tactical improvements to the Instrumental.com website;
- written, posted, and promoted 3 blog posts for our technical audience;
- developed an editorial calendar of content and press-related opportunities; and,
- incorporated pre/post metrics into every effort to demonstrate results.
After 3 months:
- the Instrumental.com marketing site has been optimized and refreshed around a simple core message that resonates internally and externally;
- Instrumental is pushing a steady stream of content and website improvements that measurably increase SEO acquisition, engagement, and conversion;
- Instrumental is consistently working with third-party bloggers and trade publications to deliver content that drives leads to our marketing site; and,
- Instrumental is executing against a roadmap of trade shows and other industry events to drive new customer acquisition.
The ideal candidate has previously:
- optimized messaging and content to drive acquisition to and conversion of a marketing site for a company that has scaled through and beyond product market fit;
- partnered with sales and support to incorporate customer feedback into messaging, tactics, and (bonus) customer personas;
- written customer facing marketing content, including case studies and ads, and (bonus) managed freelance writers; and,
- worked in the manufacturing industry, or with big data or artificial intelligence value propositions, marketing to technical professionals.
In addition, you are:
- self-organized and self-starting, able to create a roadmap and build momentum;
- entrepreneurial, able to identify opportunities and inspire urgency and collective effort;
- experienced with standard sales and marketing tools, such as Pipedrive, Marketo, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Google Analytics, or their equivalents; and,
- an excellent communicator and writer, able to tell a story and make a point.
Instrumental is the future of manufacturing intelligence. Come help us make that happen.