We’re expanding our operations team in China to better support our rapidly growing customer base. We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to play a leading role in this initiative. The TPM will report to the Director of Operations and will have the following main responsibilities:
- Assemble, deploy, and maintain Instrumental hardware: you will be directly responsible for assembling the Instrumental equipment, deploying it at our customer’s facilities, and maintaining it throughout its lifetime.
- Mechanical Engineering: assist primarily with fixture nest design and fabrication management. For non-standard deployments you will also be called upon to help with custom station design needs, supplier sourcing and end-to-end management to ensure we can deliver a station that fits both our requirements and the customer’s needs. Help us build our equipment of the future!
- Customer success: As a customer facing Instrumentalist, you will have unique insight into our customer’s products, processes, and problems. You will work closely with our customers to provide user training, understand their feedback about how we can improve our product, and answer their technical questions. You will also leverage your manufacturing expertise via tools such as defect detection reports and business case analyses, as well as assist the product team in prototyping new offerings.
Let’s talk if...:
- You are fluent in English (CET >6 of TOEFL >80) – spoken, written, and reading – this is a firm requirement for the role
- You come from the manufacturing industry and have a background in product design, operations, mechanical engineering or manufacturing process engineering
- You have a customer first mentality and are able to communicate with customers of all positions, from the lowest level to the CEO, with poise and confidence
- You are a creative problem solver and prioritize tasks well, especially under pressure
- You’re biased towards action and you take initiative where appropriate
- You take pride in your work and you care about details
- You enjoy travel and are eligible and willing to travel within China, to the United States, or other locations up to 30% of the time
In the first month, success looks like:
- Learning about our hardware so you can build and service them yourself
- Learning how we deploy our stations to our customers from sales hand off through setup at their factories
- Using the Instrumental software everyday to learn how to comb through inspection data for anomalies and quality issues
- Maintaining close communication channels with key stakeholders at factories to make sure our system is running smoothly and inspections are of high quality
- Learning the Instrumental nest design process and how it fits into the deployment process, and working with our US-based ME to learn nest design best practices and requirements
After that, we’ll let you take the reins. By months 3 to 6, you’ll be:
- Owning the full station assembly process for standard deployments in China - working with the local team on material sourcing, assembly, and testing
- Owning station deployments to customer factories for your own portfolio of customers
- Designing and working with service providers to supply nests for China deployments
- Actively combing through customer data to identify and track anomalies - making a difference in their builds!
- Crafting content and analysis in the form of powerpoints and excel spreadsheets to detail a range of metrics on customer’s manufacturing and build data
- Working with the engineering team to help craft and implement new product features
- Working directly with sales and engineering teams to help to scale operational functionality to support company growth