Instrumental makes machine learning-based quality inspection hardware and failure analysis tools that autonomously sense, learn, and react, combining intuitive software with lightweight inspection stations that are easy to incorporate into any assembly line. Instrumental gets engineering and manufacturing teams the information they need to do their best work on time.
Instrumental supports a portfolio of global Fortune 1000 companies that are building high quality hardware, including items you use every day. We are growing quickly and deploy to manufacturing lines throughout Asia and North America. We are looking for an Operations Specialist to be a cornerstone of our US team, and to support our office in Shenzhen.
The individual will report to the Director of Operations with the following responsibilities:
- Data Quality Monitoring/Analysis: You will comb through inspection data on a daily basis to find defects, root cause data quality issues and own the creation of cloud-based and real-time defect tests. You will also craft content and analysis in the form of presentations and spreadsheets to detail a range of metrics on customer’s manufacturing and build data.
- Customer support & program management: You will be directly responsible for supporting all customers. Your primary responsibility will be to triage inbound customer requests. This means answering customer requests that you are able to answer and routing other requests to the appropriate Instrumental team or employee. You will also maintain customer information concerning build dates, location, and status.
- Operations support: You will use your program management and organizational skills to support the US Operations team with supply chain and logistics related tasks, such as ordering parts, sourcing suppliers, and shipping equipment to our customers.
- Deployment of Hardware: You will personally own installation and implementation of our machine learning inspection systems onto factory lines both domestically and internationally. Travel in North America is a requirement for this role, while travel to Asia is a possibility.
Let’s talk if:
- You have an interest in manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and data analysis
- You are extremely organized and are process orientated – you don’t let things fall through cracks
- You have a customer first mentality and are able to communicate with customers of all positions, from the lowest level to the CEO, with poise and confidence
- You enjoy the challenge of taking on many tasks at once and are able to prioritize well
- You are curious, resourceful and creative – you can adapt when the situation changes
- You have worked in cross-cultural teams
- You are open to domestic and international travel.
- You speak a foreign language
- You have past work experience in manufacturing/data analytics