What you’ll do
The VP of Sales will play a pivotal role in scaling Instrumental’s sales team. You will mentor and manage our existing global sales team, develop and execute a hiring and on-boarding plan for future growth, and work to optimize our existing sales process to remove friction and accelerate time to close. You’ll work closely with Instrumental’s CEO to develop and hit key business targets, and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Solutions Architecture, Sales Operations, and Marketing.
Instrumental is a software product that enables hardware brands to get access to their manufacturing data to accelerate their product development and maintain control in production. We have a complex sale to medium and large brands (we only rarely sell to manufacturers), often with more than four stakeholders. By necessity, we’re innovating a new way to sell technology into the manufacturing sector – with short sales cycles, lightning fast implementation, and significant upsell within the first 12 months of working with a new customer. We’re looking for someone who is excited to keep what works and optimize this process as the team scales. Our buyer is technical, no-nonsense, hates subscription products, and is tolerant to high amounts of pain. The product works and we have an enviable list of customers who are each rapidly expanding use of Instrumental.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has built GTM from nearly the ground up at a small, high-growth company and is excited about being a pivotal part of enabling two straight years of 3X+ scale (required)
- Has directly sold software to a technical buyer at some point in their career, and has subsequently built and led software sales teams where the sale is consultative
- Is tactical and can get things done with ownership and urgency
- Loves nurturing, hiring, onboarding, and managing sales people, with the ability to inspire a globally distributed team of field account executives
- Gets energy from seeing individuals on the team succeed and grow in their sales careers
- Has demonstrated the ability to iterate on sales process or playbook
- Is energized by the challenge of defining a new category of manufacturing software
All candidates must be willing to work out of our Palo Alto, CA office (no permanently remote candidates at this time). Due to the high volume of applicants, please include a cover letter that highlights your best high-growth experience. We look forward to meeting you!