What you’ll do
Instrumental is seeking a metrics-driven Growth Marketing Lead to put in place an end-to-end system to measure, drive, and convert website traffic into leads. We’ve done enough experimentation upfront to know that this will unlock new growth potential for Instrumental. This is an opportunity to set up and scale the foundation for demand generation at a rapidly growing company. You’ll start by taking ownership of our online advertising efforts, which will transition to instrumenting our website and leveling up our SEO. You will quickly become responsible for managing, analyzing, and reporting on Instrumental’s top of funnel metrics. You’ll work closely with Instrumental’s CEO, Content Marketing Lead, and the greater go-to-market team.
Instrumental is a software product that enables hardware brands to get access to their manufacturing data to accelerate their product development and maintain control in production. Manufacturing makes up half of the world's GDP. 20% of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources – because, simply: it's too hard to solve problems in manufacturing. The product works and we have an enviable list of customers who are each rapidly expanding use of Instrumental.
Our technical stakeholders are difficult to reach with conventional methods – they travel frequently, are inundated by emails, and don’t hang out online. By necessity, we’re innovating a new way to sell technology into the manufacturing sector – with short sales cycles, lightning fast implementation, and significant upsells – and we’ll need to do the same on the demand generation side. We’re looking for someone who is excited to setup and make the initial big-bang discoveries that will unlock demand generation for Instrumental.
We’re looking for someone who
- Brings prior experience in demand generation from another company that grew rapidly during your tenure
- Has accrued at least 5 years of experience in enterprise marketing and demand generation
- Is analytics, metrics-driven, and has a system-building mindset: you will create the engine that will fuel growth for the next phase of our company
- Has broad operational knowledge of marketing databases, segmentation, email execution, lead process, the scientific method, analysis, and reporting
- Is an expert at marketing automation software and can put together an end-to-end tool chain incorporating Pardot and Salesforce
- Has strong communication skills and a mind for math
- Is agile and can respond quickly to new data and changing strategies
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
This position is based in our Palo Alto office.