Instrumental is building out our first team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to play a critical role in scaling our business. In many instances, you will be the first person our prospective customers interact with. As an SDR at Instrumental, you will evangelize, identify, and qualify leads to generate new business through inbound and outbound opportunities and participate in high level conversations with senior executives in targeted accounts.
What we’re looking for
Someone with the determination and resolve to overcome obstacles and engage prospects via email, phone, and social selling. While you will work closely with Account Executives and the VP of Sales, you will also collaborate with the Product and Marketing organizations to provide invaluable feedback on our product and services. We’re looking for the following attributes:
- Hunger, curiosity, intelligence
- Creativity, drive, persistence
- Prospecting proficiency
- Strong Communication Skills
- Business acumen
- 1 - 5 years of full-time corporate sales (or equivalent) experience (software sales is a plus)
- Experience in an early-stage company environment a plus
We want you to grow as a valuable member of the sales team and ultimately assume the role at Instrumental that you aspire to achieve.
In the first month, success looks like
- Learning the ins and outs of Instrumental technology, product, market, customers, and sales process from a broad cross-section of Instrumental team members
- Shadowing sales qualification calls and sales meetings throughout the process to understand deal cadence, key objections, and messaging.
- Building a pipeline of potential Instrumental customers through prospecting, outreaching, and engaging the right stakeholders
- Developing and qualifying opportunities with enterprise companies and manufacturers
- Identifying and tracking the metrics that define both personal and team success
At three months, success looks like
- You’re an Instrumental ambassador. Whether for a thirty second elevator pitch or a thirty minute qualification call, you’re constantly communicating, refining, and selling the Instrumental solution.
- Regularly meeting or exceeding assigned targets
- You’re proactively impacting our “self-driven process improvement”
At six months, success looks like
- Contributing to a high-performing, repeatable, and scalable Sales engine
- Strong collaboration with our Sales team to take on additional funnel ownership
What we will provide you:
- A product that provides clear customer value with a true-to-life demo
- Clear objectives and metrics, as well as the tools and support to meet them
- A sales team with a true team mentality
- An inclusive culture invested in providing you the opportunity to do your best work. This role provides the foundation necessary to enable growth into other parts of our business over time.
Manufacturing makes up half of the world's GDP. 20% of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources – because, simply: it's too hard to solve problems in manufacturing.
Instrumental believes manufacturing should be fast, self-optimizing, and proactive. We use image data and machine learning to identify problems, whether they were anticipated or not. Our technology gives manufacturers a deeper understanding of their product and process, enabling them to proactively identify and fix issues in development and production. We support a portfolio of global Fortune 1000 companies who are building high quality hardware, including items you may use every day – and are growing quickly. We value diversity and our team is collaborative, supportive, transparent, and pun-tastic. We’d love to have you join us.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.