Founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Instrumental provides a collection of software technologies that enable brands and manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing process to cut waste by orders of magnitude compared to conventional solutions. This waste is non trivial: 20 cents on every dollar spent in manufacturing is wasted in mistakes, experiments, downtime, yield loss, scrap, and returns. Our customers are top electronics brands, including Motorola and other well-known brands.
The Instrumental platform collects, intelligently transforms, and contextually presents manufacturing data to technical end-users, enabling them to close loops in their manufacturing process in real-time. Our core technology is proprietary ML algorithms. We leverage these through clever user interface solutions that bring the power of AI to Instrumental’s users.
What we’re looking for
Instrumental is seeking a consultative, customer-centric Account Manager with direct experience working in the electronics manufacturing supply chain. This role reports directly to Instrumental’s VP of Sales. As an Account Manager, you will work closely with our Operations and Support organization, be responsible for maintaining relationships with our customers, learning their environments, and finding opportunities for expansion. You will be responsible for customer renewals and up-sells in your assigned set of accounts. Some transactions may involve complex negotiations.
You will also be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction on assigned accounts. While most meetings can be done via video conference, this role requires periodic domestic and international travel to our customer sites and their manufacturing lines to build relationships and understand their businesses, processes, and technical challenges. This role is critical to our growth, and you’ll be a core member of our go-to-market team.
What you’ll do
- Keep regular contact with customers via phone, video conference, or in person to understand their changing environments and challenges
- Renew customer software licenses as they come due throughout the year
- Expand Instrumental's footprint on existing customers projects
- Identify new projects at our existing customers and work with members of the field sales team to pursue those opportunities
- Navigate technical conversations to guide discovery and qualification meetings in order to validate opportunities
- Build champions within complex organizations and navigate through their decision making and procurement processes
- Share customer feedback details to our product team to inform product direction
- Communicate progress to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance and advice to customers as a subject matter expert
- Build strong customer relationships, especially with key customer stakeholders and sponsors
What you’ll bring
- Curiosity and a commitment to solving customer challenges with a great product
- Excellent communication skills allowing you to tell amazing stories and ask insightful questions to deeply understand customer needs and their organizations
- A desire to represent a company and a product that is in a market all its own
- The mentality of a self-starter who has great instincts for what next steps will yield successful results and prioritize accordingly
- Enthusiasm to join an entrepreneurial team and desire to stretch and grow by being part of a foundational team
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience in using software tools like Salesforce
- Technical background
- Manufacturing background
- Experience working in an early-stage company environment
- 5+ years of Account Management or other relevant experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit our customers and their manufacturing lines
- Experience working with or for contract manufacturers
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S. and be eligible to receive a Chinese visa.