We’re hiring a Machine Learning Engineer at Instrumental to contribute to production systems that enable teams to derive value from data on their manufacturing lines. You will contribute to computer vision and machine learning developments to more accurately diagnose potential failures during the hardware development process.
You will explore and implement ways to generate insights about our customers’ product and manufacturing processes and leverage existing computer vision tools to develop novel image analysis technology that will be run on large and continuously growing datasets of images. To this end, scalability of algorithms, repeatability of measurements, and robustness of data extraction are paramount; you’ll be our ideal candidate if you can identify impactful applications of computer vision and/or machine learning and implement them in a way the delivers highly accurate and repeatable results for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build and own machine learning features and pipelines end-to-end! For us, this means:
- Identify opportunities to use machine learning to improve our product,
- Guide efforts to acquire high-quality datasets
- Develop models using the relevant state-of-the-art AI approaches to solve the problem
- Quickly prototype and iterate on new algorithmic concepts, and prioritize them based on customer needs
- Work side by side with other software engineers to bring your research to production and ship it as part of the product!
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 2+ years of experience writing production code
- Demonstrated interest in and desire to work with machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or related fields - whether at work or with personal projects. No specific Machine Learning or Computer Vision background beyond that is necessary.
- A background in computer science or a closely related engineering discipline, with solid fundamentals in algorithms and the math behind them. Experience with computer vision, machine learning, and related fields in production setting is a bonus, but not necessary.
- Obsesses over our customers’ needs, specifically accuracy and repeatability
- Can balance attention to detail with the ability to be scrappy and get stuff done
- Can communicate complex ideas effectively with technical and non-technical team members alike
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce in an inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States.