What you’ll do
The Head of Sales will play a pivotal role in scaling Instrumental’s sales team. You will mentor and manage our existing global sales team, develop and execute a hiring and on-boarding plan for future growth, and work to optimize our existing sales process to remove friction and accelerate time to close. You’ll work closely with Instrumental’s CEO to develop and hit key business targets, and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Solutions Architecture, Sales Operations, and Marketing.
Instrumental is a software product that enables hardware brands to get access to their manufacturing data to accelerate their product development and maintain control in production. We have a complex sale to medium and large brands (we only rarely sell to manufacturers), often with more than four stakeholders. By necessity, we’re innovating a new way to sell technology into the manufacturing sector. Our sales cycle ranges from <50 days for our initial deals and ~180 days for our expansions, and we’re looking for someone who can maintain and optimize this process as the team scales. Our buyer is technical, no-nonsense, hates subscription products, and is tolerant to high amounts of pain. The product works and we have an enviable customer list.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has direct experience leading the growth of a startup from product market fit to $20M in ARR
- Has sold manufacturing software
- Has hired, onboarded, and managed sales people, with the ability to inspire a globally distributed team of field account executives
- Gets energy from seeing individuals on the team succeed and grow in their sales careers
- Understands and prefers a consultative sale
- Has demonstrated the ability to evolve or to improve a sales process or playbook
- Is excited about partnering closely with the CEO on reaching the company goals and executing on special selling experiments