The Sales Director will play a pivotal role in scaling Instrumental’s sales. Starting in a player-coach role, you will learn and iterate on our enterprise sales process, level up our existing sales team through coaching, own your own load of deals, and support late funnel activities across the team. You will also play a key role in setting and driving team sales targets. Over time and with demonstrated success in the initial role, the Sales Director will transition from player-coach to sales leader, managing and scaling our sales team.
Instrumental is an enterprise software product that enables a paradigm shift for how hardware companies develop and mass produce hardware products. Our discussions with prospective customers often dive into technical aspects of their manufacturing challenges and our late-funnel process usually involves a complex sale of multiple internal customer teams. We are seeking someone with direct experience selling software to our customers, including qualification, champion building, and contract negotiation.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Tells stories amazingly well
- Has experience working at all stages of the sales cycle
- Naturally builds others up and gets energy from working with others and seeing them succeed
- Can take a goal and devise an action plan to exceed it
- Makes data-driven decisions
- Appreciates the need to iterate rapidly to find what works in a startup environment
- Has been a senior account executive with multiple years of experience selling enterprise software to hardware company or manufacturing industry prospects. Has developed a broad understanding of salescraft and sales process by selling at more than one company.
- Coaching experience is required, managerial experience is not. This role is a great opportunity to transition into sales leadership and to grow with our sales team and with our company.
- Has demonstrated the ability to create or evolve a sales process or playbook in a previous role – either independently or through teamwork with others. (Be prepared to tell us about it!)
- Has experience evaluating, hiring, and onboarding sales people – either as “the boss” or as a senior member of the team.