Instrumental believes manufacturing should be fast, self-optimizing, and proactive. We use image data and machine learning to identify problems, whether they were anticipated or not. Our technology gives manufacturers a deeper understanding of their product and process, enabling them to proactively identify and fix issues in development and production. We support a portfolio of global Fortune 1000 companies who are building high quality hardware, including items you may use every day – and are growing quickly. We value diversity and our team is collaborative, supportive, transparent, and pun-tastic. We’d love to have you join us.
What you’ll do
The Enterprise Account Executive will work directly with Instrumental’s VP of Sales and key members of the team to grow our enterprise customer base and iterate on our sales process. While you won’t be starting from scratch, you’ll be a foundational member of the sales team. The reward will be the experience of iterating on and building an enterprise sales process that delights our customers and grows our business. While some meetings can be done via video conference, this role will definitely involve field sales as you build relationships with our customers to understand their challenges. We are looking for an experienced sales candidate who has successfully sold a technical product to large enterprises, where each deal may have had as many as four stakeholders.
Instrumental’s customers produce physical products, and our discussions with prospective customers often dive into technical aspects of their manufacturing challenges. While our sales support team includes a Solutions Architect and multiple mechanical engineers, you’ll need to be able to learn rapidly to hold your own in early meetings in order to validate opportunities.
Key activities will include:
- Meeting with prospective customers via phone, video conference, or in person to understand their challenges, qualify them, and if appropriate, help them to devise a solution with Instrumental
- Building champions within complex organizations and navigating through their decision making and procurement processes
- Hand-crafting the sales experience for every validated opportunity – even if that means going off-script or developing a unique strategy for a given deal
- Connecting with inbound leads and directly prospecting outbound leads, including devising experiments and strategies for getting in front of customers and introducing them to Instrumental
- Owning the deal from prospect to close, including proposal stage, pricing, and contract negotiation – with support from members of the team along the way
- Working with marketing to make high-value collateral to support the sales process, or potentially rolling up your sleeves to make it yourself
- Sharing details on prospective customer feedback directly with our product team to inform product direction
- Identifying tactics and verticals that are working or not working for us
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is truly curious and cares deeply about solving customer challenges with a great product – we follow a consultative sales approach across the team
- Tells stories amazingly well but also asks great questions to deeply understand customer needs and their organizations
- Is excited to own the complete sales process for a product that is in a market all its own
- Is a self-starter who can prioritize and has great instincts for what next steps will yield successful results
- Enjoys the energy of a small, close-knit team and wants to stretch and grow as a sales person by being part of a foundational team
- Has a successful track record of closing large enterprise deals with high levels of complexity (technical, multiple stakeholders, legal hurdles, etc) in a field sales role – minimum of three years.
- Has experience selling to technical stakeholders.
- Engineering background or manufacturing experience is a plus. If you don’t have this, but do have the curiosity to get up to speed in a new market quickly, please do apply.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.