What we’re looking for
Consultative sales professionals with a strong background in building pipeline and selling innovative software to Global 1000 accounts.
- Experience selling in an early-stage company environment
- Success landing new customers
- Proficient in prospecting and overcoming objections
- Ability to lead sales cycles from beginning to end
- Consistent quota/target attainment
- Hunger, curiosity, intelligence
What you’ll do
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will work directly with Instrumental’s VP of Sales and key members of the team to grow our enterprise customer base and expand our footprint at existing customers. This role is an integral part of our growth plan, and you’ll be a core member of our sales team. While some meetings can be done via video conference, this role involves field sales as you build relationships with our customers to understand their challenges. We are looking for an experienced sales candidate who has successfully sold a technical product to large enterprises, where each deal may have multiple stakeholders.
Key activities will include:
- Meeting with prospective customers via phone, video conference, or in person to understand their challenges, and if appropriate, help them to devise a solution with Instrumental
- Navigating technical conversations to guide qualification and discovery meetings in order to validate opportunities
- Building champions within complex organizations and navigating through their decision making and procurement processes
- Hand-crafting the sales experience for every validated opportunity – with the freedom to go off-script or develop a unique strategy for a given deal
- Connecting with inbound leads and directly prospecting outbound leads, including devising experiments and strategies for getting in front of customers and introducing them to Instrumental
- Owning the deal from prospect to close, including proposal stage, pricing, and contract negotiation – with support from members of the team along the way
- Working with marketing to make high-value collateral to support the sales process, or potentially rolling up your sleeves to make it yourself
- Sharing details on prospective customer feedback directly with our product team to inform product direction
- Identifying what’s working and not working and bringing that information back to the team
What you’ll bring
- Curiosity and a commitment to solving customer challenges with a great product – we follow a consultative sales approach across the team
- Excellent communication skills allowing you to tell amazing stories and ask insightful questions to deeply understand customer needs and their organizations
- A desire to own the complete sales process for a product that is in a market all its own
- The mentality of a self-starter who has great instincts for what next steps will yield successful results and prioritize accordingly
- Enthusiasm to join an entrepreneurial team and wants to stretch and grow as a sales person by being part of a foundational team
- A successful track record of closing large, complex enterprise deals (technical, multiple stakeholders, legal hurdles, etc) in a field sales role
- Experience selling to technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience
Desired (but not required):
- Engineering background or manufacturing experience. If you don’t have this, but do have the curiosity to learn a new market quickly, please do apply.
Manufacturing makes up half of the world's GDP. 20% of every dollar spent is wasted on things like scrap, rework, product returns, mistakes, experiments, and underutilized human resources – because, simply: it's too hard to solve problems in manufacturing.
Instrumental believes manufacturing should be fast, self-optimizing, and proactive. We use image data and machine learning to identify problems, whether they were anticipated or not. Our technology gives manufacturers a deeper understanding of their product and process, enabling them to proactively identify and fix issues in development and production. We support a portfolio of global Fortune 1000 companies who are building high quality hardware, including items you may use every day – and are growing quickly. We value diversity and our team is collaborative, supportive, transparent, and pun-tastic. We’d love to have you join us.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.