Instrumental makes intelligent, data-driven tools to help companies identify issues on their assembly lines so they can ship higher quality products faster. We are working to improve the manufacturing of millions of things each day.
We're growing our Software Engineering team to increase development of our core application so we can provide the most value possible for our users. While we do not ask for familiarity with the following, our stack includes a main Scala application, AWS hosting, a Python machine learning cluster, and TypeScript on our front-end. Instrumental Engineering values good tools, robust tests, and frequent deploys.
We're a small but mighty team that consistently works collaboratively, are supportive of each other, and are all highly energized by the opportunity for such a large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment.
What we're looking to add to our team:
- Professional experience in a software engineering role responsible for production quality code
- Someone who can thrive in a fast, iterative environment and disagrees without being disagreeable
- Someone motivated by solving big problems in an analog industry at an early-stage environment
What you'll do and how you'll do it:
- Solve problems, whether refactoring or feature building, through clean and concise code
- Take product specifications through the prototyping phase to production-ready solutions
- Communicate progress in the development cycle from sprint planning in daily stand-ups
- Writing tests to ensure a quality build for our end users
What success looks like in this role:
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of features
- Having made a visible positive impact on performance for Instrumental users, whether through refactoring or feature building
- Taking on initiatives, whether through increased technical scope of projects or contributing cross-functionally on engineering
- Conquer the world (of manufacturing domain knowledge and how our software can help automate!)