Aura is a technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and we help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures, and Coppel Capital. We have been named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology, and we are ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
We are a tight-knit team of highly talented, hardworking, and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries, all tenaciously motivated by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and we believe in letting the best and most creative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for outstanding people who want to work hard, have fun, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
What our team does
At Aura, our Service Desk team is the last line of defense ready to help our customers, partners, and internal inquiries. They handle all of our service tickets and take time to find the underlying issues that lead to tickets in the first place. They ensure communication, workflow, and projects between the service desk and operations run smoothly.
The Service Desk Manager will manage the performance of service desk associates and support clients (internal and external); ensuring service levels are achieved. They will ensure that customer and partner expectations are met or exceeded. They’ll be responsible for ensuring the staff is meeting and exceeding expectations in their performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and standards and processes are followed to provide effective service.
• Coaching and supporting a small but growing team of Service Desk Associates in our SF office, and in our Mexico City office- focusing on increasing their impact on the company.
• Ensuring policy adherence and providing support for both internal and external compliance audits.
• Learn, document, train, and support new applications and SD procedures, focusing on increasing efficiency across the team and company.
• Play an active role in our Operations project sprints.
• Experience in establishing and supporting remote office locations
• Track record of executive presence and clear communication
• Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple requests at once
• Diligent about capturing, tracking, and closing help desk tickets to ensure quick response times
• Leadership experience (including the ability to provide feedback, written and verbal quarterly reviews)
• Ability to work with key partners to drive value to the organization.
• Understands and proposes solutions using current and emerging technologies
• Work to manage SD metrics including ticketing, spend, and user satisfaction
• Relentless focus on service uptime, performance, stability and security
• Manages relationships with vendors
• Troubleshoots service-related issues working with on root cause analysis and resolution
What we look for in you:
• Experience managing and training SD support team members.
• Admin level knowledge of Zendesk, Jira Service Desk, or similar ticketing system.
• Mid-level networking knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
• Strong administration experience with Google for Business Suite, Atlassian tools.
• Demonstrable troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis.
• Excellent skills collaborating with folks inside and outside of your team across multiple time zones.
• Inclusive, people-focused leadership skills.
• Experience managing medium complexity projects from planning to completion.
• Experience managing service and procurement vendors.
• Possess solid business acumen and the ability to work closely with leadership, with excellent verbal and written communications with all levels of employees and management
The ideal candidate will have:
• Fluency in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Nice to have: SQL
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of Service Desk experience in a corporate environment
• Experience using ticketing software Zendesk
• Ability to work on-site in San Francisco, CA