Aura is a technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures, Rakuten and Coppel Capital. We were named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology and ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
We are a tight-knit team of highly talented, hardworking, and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries, all tenaciously motivated by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and believe in letting the best and most creative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for outstanding people who want to work hard, have fun, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
On Aura’s finance team, you will work directly with our Director of Corporate Finance and company executives to formulate the company's short to long term financial and strategic plan. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving, developing and managing the company’s financial model to continually improve planning and analysis in support of strategic projects, budgeting, and operations.
This is a strategic role and will be expected to interact regularly with management and external stakeholders. The incumbent will be a key resource for senior management, playing a pivotal role in determining business strategy and managing financial performance.
- Work directly with Aura’s Director of Corporate Finance to analyze and execute strategic financial planning
- Focus on data-oriented solutions and analytical rigor
- Lead the creation and maintenance of the company’s financial model
- Propose and answer key analytical questions to improve business and team performance as well as identify areas of opportunity
- Continually analyze, evaluate and optimize financial reporting and processes
- Lead annual budget and planning cycles, setting out timelines and managing participants to stay on plan
- Implement and monitor daily, weekly and monthly KPIs to spot trends in the business and help managers focus on risks and opportunities
- Prepare executive and Board level presentations and reporting on business and financial performance
- Analyze and lead Aura’s equity fundraising, corporate debt and structured finance options (including warehouse facilities, loan sales and securitizations) to meet pre-determined execution, cost of funds and revenue goals
- Talented and motivated employees will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of Aura’s future. At Aura, we are inspired by our mission to drive economic mobility by providing affordable capital and responsible solutions to determined entrepreneurs and communities.
- 2-5 years of experience in an Investment Banking, Consulting or similar finance role (title is flexible based on the hire and their experience – we’re looking for an athlete)
- BA / BS degree in a quantitative field
- Very strong analytical mindset with financial analysis and modeling skills
- Proactive style with strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a timely way
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment often directly with senior management
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present work to CEO, senior management and external stakeholders
- High ethical standards and sound business judgment
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience working with consumer lending and diverse financing structures, preferred
- Compensation is competitive and will be based on prior work experience
- Aura Options
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage. Aura pays 100% for employee premiums and 50% dependent premiums for medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages; catered breakfast once a week
- Frequent happy hours and company events
- ClassPass membership
- We believe in getting people to where they need to go. This value extends beyond our business principles into Aura’s internal career development philosophy. As such, you will work closely with a highly-experienced management team to mentor you and help you achieve your personal career goals.