Aura is a technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and we help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures and Coppel Capital. We have been named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology and we are ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
We are a tight-knit team of highly talented, hardworking, and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries, all tenaciously motivated by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and we believe in letting the best and most creative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for outstanding people who want to work hard, have fun, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
The Director, Consumer Credit Analytics will be responsible for managing Aura’s credit policy, loss forecasting, and innovation in risk management. Leading a team of analysts and data scientists, this individual will drive continuous improvements in underwriting, enabling Aura to approve more applicants while ensuring that all borrowers are set up for success with loans structured responsibly and affordably. Additionally, the Director, Consumer Credit Analytics will interact frequently with the executive team at Aura as well as Aura’s investors. Finally, this individual will be responsible for loss forecasting and portfolio risk management of Aura’s rapidly growing book.
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of analysts and data scientists, prioritize work across the team to ensure highest-quality execution and delivery of data-driven insights and solutions
- Apply traditional and advanced (ML, AI) algorithms to build the next generation of credit risk, fraud, pricing, and customer payment behavior models. Excellent knowledge of scorecards, strategies and credit risk management principles.
- Ability to collaborate closely with the product and engineering teams to manage changes to the application flow and for the deployment of new technologies, processes or products
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve insights
- Stay on top of industry trends and standard methodologies
- Interface with potential and existing investors on the debt and equity sides
- Oversee implementation of new models and policy elements, balancing speed to market with flawless execution
- Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience in consumer lending, with significant time focused on credit policy and risk
- 4+ years of experience managing teams
- Significant conceptual knowledge of analytical techniques, including predictive modeling and customer lifetime value estimation
- Strong leadership, promoting a culture of excellence and openness
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities
- Thrives in an unstructured environment, with the ability to identify opportunities and solutions where there is no existing roadmap
- Strategic thinker able to provide thought leadership and innovative ideas
- Ability to get things done cross-functionally
- Desire to get hands dirty in the details while still maintaining a strategic perspective
- High level of proficiency with Excel and SQL. Proficiency in data science platform (R, Python, SAS) is a plus but not required.