InsightSquared is the leading sales and marketing analytics provider for growing companies that want to run their business by the numbers. We help our customers make better decisions by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence that drives predictable growth.
- We’re funded by a great team of investors including Accomplice, Tola Capital, DFJ, Bessemer, and Salesforce.com.
- We were named a leader in the G2 Crowd’s Business Intelligence Platform Grid℠, ranking #1 in customer satisfaction for the fourth year in a row.
- We are a four-time winner of both The Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and The Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work.”
We are looking for an ambitious, creative, and metrics-driven Director of Demand Generation to lead our demand generation strategy, fuel our sales growth and support a growing revenue operation. As the Director of Demand Generation, you will be a key leader on the Marketing team and be primarily responsible for the planning, development and execution of demand generation programs. Additionally, you will accelerate demand through the sales and marketing funnel, ultimately meeting quarterly and annual revenue growth goals.
At InsightSquared, you will...
- Lead a high growth demand generation team and develop a strategy in the following functional areas of:
- Content Management
- Digital Marketing
- Events Management and Execution
- Build multichannel campaigns that align messaging to the target audience to capture interest and marketing interactions and drive demand, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) — Work with digital marketing and content teams to deliver programs that improve organic search rankings and maximize investment in search engine optimization.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) — Lead development of ad copy and landing page development to capture lead data from paid search engine marketing efforts.
- Advertising – Work with our digital marketing team to collaborate on the development of targeted campaigns via social advertising (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter), retargeting, and content syndication via third parties and programmatic advertising vendors.
- Email — Clearly articulate business value to drive interest in our products and services. Lead development of email subject lines and copy that are personalized on the basis of the needs of the target profiles.
- Direct marketing — Identify key targets and lead the creation of compelling direct marketing offers that engage prospects.
- Direct outreach — Work closely with Sales to develop ongoing “sales plays” to support campaign activity.
- Trade shows – Assist in the development of trade show strategy objectives and supporting trade show calendar with comprehensive pre-show, on-site and follow-up campaign efforts to drive interest from attendees
- Hosted events — Working closely with customer-facing teams, lead efforts to deliver our annual revenue operations conference and support regional roadshows.
- Establish and manage quarterly and annual key performance indicators and budgets for demand generation programs to ensure spend is allocated to highest-performing marketing tactics.
- Manage and drive marketing and sales funnel systems, analytics, and metrics within our own product to optimize program effectiveness and sales results.
- Identification of different personas for market segmentation and targeting via database marketing and list management.
- Closely work with sales team to ensure seamless alignment of goals, expectations, and execution.
- Align demand generation efforts with product release plans with product team.
- Work with sales and operations to select tools and marketing technology (martech) stack to optimize reach and help prioritize demand.
- Manage third-party contractors, vendors, staff, and cross-functional teams.
We are looking for...
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of business-to-business (B2B) marketing leadership experience, with a minimum of seven years in enterprise SaaS technology companies
- A track record of effectively working with the sales team including inside sales, field sales and channel partners.
- Experience utilizing CRM and analyze data-driven reporting to drive marketing tactics and strategy.
- Experience managing a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Bachelor's degree(s) required, Master’s preferred in marketing or business discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable, with a strong independent work ethic and the ability to get things done.
- Thoughtful problem-solving skills and mature, polished business acumen rooted in years of demand gen marketing experience.
- Expected to work independently, and as part of a team where open, collaborative communication is encouraged.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a high growth and evolving organization.