InsightSquared is the leading sales and marketing analytics provider for growing companies that want to run their business by the numbers. We help our customers make better decisions by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence that drives predictable growth.
- We’re funded by a great team of investors including Accomplice, Tola Capital, DFJ, Bessemer, and Salesforce.com.
- We were named a leader in the G2 Crowd’s Business Intelligence Platform Grid℠, ranking #1 in customer satisfaction for the fourth year in a row.
is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Austin team. If you have a knack for Node, a hankering for hard problems and an ability to learn, love and improve the ins and outs of a large-scale SaaS application, this could be the place for you!
We’re over here in downtown Austin taking gobs of data from vendors like Salesforce, Google and Office365 and forming it into real-time, actionable intelligence to help sales professionals do more closing and less typing. As a member of the engineering team, you’ll support our existing platform, develop new features and help build out the next generation of the InsightSquared architecture.
You’ll be joining a group of talented and creative individuals who like each other and their jobs. As a growth-stage startup, we know how to get things done but are always open to re-examining our process--buy-in and collaboration are important to us. We have a friendly and flexible work environment, where we try to keep at least a couple of days per week meeting-free to allow for remote work.
Our ideal new work friend will be someone who:
- Has at least two years of experience writing Node.js code, or 4-plus years in another interpreted language.
- Has some familiarity with a front-end framework, especially Angular 1 or React.
- Knows their way around NoSQL databases, ElasticSearch a huge plus.
- Is comfortable taking business requirements, translating them into a technical design and presenting it to the team.
- Isn’t afraid to ask questions and use the words “I don’t know”. We don’t expect you to know everything your first day, but do expect an open mind and an eagerness to learn.
- Doesn’t mind occasionally getting their hands dirty in a CLI or tinkering with a local Docker setup.
- Approaches code reviews, peer testing and documentation as opportunities to make our little world a better place, as opposed to a plateful of their least-favorite vegetable.
- Cares about coding standards and best practices (like testing) enough to have a spirited debate, without going to the mat over linter rules.
- Knows what a linter is.