InsightSquared is the leading sales and marketing analytics provider for growing companies that want to run their business by the numbers. We help our customers make better decisions by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence that drives predictable growth.
- We’re funded by a great team of investors including Accomplice, Tola Capital, DFJ, Bessemer, and Salesforce.com.
- We were named a leader in the G2 Crowd’s Business Intelligence Platform Grid℠, ranking #1 in customer satisfaction for the fourth year in a row.
- We are a four-time winner of both The Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and The Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work.”
We are seeking a head of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) who will work directly with the CFO on management reporting, analytics, forecasting, annual budgeting, and long-term planning. The head of FP&A will serve as a critical business partner to leaders across the organization, helping to develop key metrics and tell the story of what the results mean in order to inform decisions regarding the future of the business. This role will also own and direct all financial modeling, including bookings, revenue and expense models, and cash flow projections. The head of FP&A is a thought leader in the organization, using data and analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and new strategic initiatives. Lastly, this individual will partner closely with the CFO and the extended executive team in developing presentations for the board and investors, and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Reporting Activities
- Work collaboratively with the accounting and sales operations teams, providing support during close cycles, to ensure alignment of reporting and analytics with forecast and budget elements
- Collaborate with Finance team and key business stakeholders to understand the financial results, key metrics, and trends in order to tell the story behind the numbers and synthesize into executive-level performance commentary
- Develop and maintain comprehensive monthly and quarterly reporting packages including materials that support management and Board presentations
- Identify and drive initiatives that continuously improve, automate, and scale reporting processes, including via InsightSquared’s commercial product
- Financial Modeling
- Help drive the annual planning and interim forecasting processes, ensuring alignment between strategy, operations and financial plans
- Expand upon and enhance the existing model into a comprehensive long-term financial model
- Perform financial scenario analyses to support long-term planning, strategic decision making and investment trade-offs
- Business Partnership
- Partner with People Operations to manage standard templates for headcount to support all functions of the business
- Partner cross-functionally on budgets, forecasting, expenses, benchmarking, analyses and reporting
- Proactively drive ad hoc strategic and operational analyses and projects
- Collaboration and teamwork: Exhibits advanced competence in collaboration and teamwork, communications influence, planning and organizing, driving results, and problem solving
- Productivity/organizing/planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles the management of changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Communication/presentation skills: Excellent ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently and present information to all levels of audiences, with the ability to analyze data and summarize findings in a concise and understandable manner
- Strategic thinking: Capable of thinking conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically to achieve company goals
- Willingness to acknowledge areas for growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance, planning and analysis position
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is preferred
- CPA or MBA is preferred
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Experience in a SaaS company strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities, and experience with Salesforce.com