InsightSquared is looking for a talented designer to help shape the direction of our sales analytics platform that’s #1 in satisfaction and usability (G2 crowd). InsightSquared helps any size business make better decisions with their data by providing highly visual, actionable reporting, dashboards, and easy to use visualization tools. Your work will give small and medium sized businesses the same advantage large fortune 500 companies have had available to them for years. We’re a team of driven, problem-solvers who care deeply about sales analytics and data visualization. We take culture seriously at InsightSquared and it shows, **humblebrag** we’ve won both Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal’s best place to work multiple years in a row.
InsightSquared is an established startup, but our product team is lean and nimble. You won’t simply be grinding out small UI iterations day after day. You’ll have a diverse range of design opportunities including, branding, environmental graphics for conferences, all kinds of marketing material, user research, etc. As a member of the Product Design team you’ll help shape the direction of all current and future products, collaborate with our engineering, product management and marketing teams to deliver a superior user experience. You possess the experience and desire to own an entire design cycle from proposal, prototype, testing, iteration to shipped product.
- Design clear, elegant user flows and interfaces that make the complex simple
- Build and test product prototypes as needed
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and marketing
- Iterate on designs based on team and user feedback, and data
- Evangelize for exceptional design across the company
- Do your best work in a fun, respectful, supportive and unpressured environment
- 4+ years of experience exploring and solving complex problems through design
- A diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail as well as excellent use of typography, color, and imagery
- Familiarity with the nuances of designing for multiple platforms and devices
- The ability to learn quickly and give, seek and receive thoughtful critical feedback
- Experience working effectively in small team as well as autonomously
- Knowledgeable about CSS/HTML, understand best practices (BEM/ITCSS) and comfortable writing deployable code.
- Copy writing skills
- Motion graphics or video editing skills
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Previous experience designing dashboards and visualizations