As a Senior Engineer at InsightSquared, you'll write high performance, scalable code to solve demanding technical and business problems. You'll influence and shape the growth of our technology stack and your teammates. You will be an integral part of a solutions-oriented, positive, and close-knit team engineering team.
Here is what you'll do:
- Design and write full-stack code as part of a high-performing team managing the infrastructure and core features of the InsightSquared application.
- Help make decisions integral to the future of the InsightSquared application.
- Improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the application while working on new features and improving existing features.
- Work on customer-demand driven epics to deliver innovative new solutions on time.
- Teach and learn by collaborating with any member of the engineering team.
- Mentor teammates about best practices and techniques based on your experience.
- Work with Product to proactively identify, prioritize, and eliminate sources of risk in the product.
- Help ensure the success of your team through considered input during the Scrum process.
- Ship code on your first full day, and every day.
- You are someone who:
- Is passionate about technology.
- Takes ownership.
- Is pragmatic.
- Is a self-starter.
- Brings positive energy to your team and environment.
- Passionate about learning and growing, both individually and your team.
- 5+ years experience developing full-stack web applications.
- Robust experience building and maintaining back-end application infrastructures, including debugging and performance tuning.
- Excellent software engineering and computer science knowledge and distributed systems; Python expertise a plus.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, like Angular, React, Knockout, or Foundation, and front-end build pipeline tools. You’ve picked up a large project and finished a migration to a more modern suite, or you’ve done it ground-up.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You can explain what you do to a stranger, and they get it.