Requisition Id: 583759
Title: Computer Operations Manager
client: state client
Duration: 10 months
location: Trenton NJ
Please note - this position is 35 hours per week and will be a first shift position.
Configuration, and maintenance of Hitachi DASD, Luminex VTL, including, but not limited to MVS Z/OS JCL and Utilities, TSO, and other third party vendor’s software.
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong working knowledge of the Hardware and Software listed below:
- HDS G1000 (Disk)
- Luminex CGX-FC (Tape/VTL)
- HDS G400
- Z/OS Operating System
- Z/OS JCL/Utilities
- Z/OS Catalog
- Ca-Vantage SRM (SAMS)
- The mainframe DASD/VTL administrator must have necessary skills and experience to perform planning and support of Z/OS Operating System and Product.
- Must be able to handle DR testing, Problem Resolutions, and Job recovery. Be able to report to management on projects.
- Have good communication skills, willing to be on call 24/7. Stay current and educated on current software.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated, hands-on professional who is a team player, works well under pressure, and willing to go the extra mile to complete projects and meet client expectations.
- Prior experience with both DASD and TAPE Administration
- Prior hands on work with DASD and Virtual Tape in a large multiple LPAR SYSPLEX environment
- Prior expereince coding ACS routines
- HSM experience
- RMM experience
- SMS experience
- MVS JCL and Utilities experience
- Hitachi Storage Manager experience
- HUR experience
- Ca-Vantage SRM (SAMS) experience
- Prior experience working with Vendors for research and problem analysis