Requisition Id: 4-856-4299A
Title: Technical Project Manager
client: state client
Duration: 6+ months
location: Downtown Manhattan,NY
Work Hours: 7 hour day / 35 hour work week – 8 hour day with 1 hour unpaid lunch
- 10+ years experience
- Experience decommissioning mainframe systems and helping get into cloud/Microsoft is a big plus
The technical project manager will work under the supervision of the assistant commissioner from the office of citywide procurement (OCP)and assist will all aspect of project coordination and management for OCP Projects.
- He/ She will Manage multiple technology and business process improvement complex projects while maintaining consistency and effectiveness of project deliverables Develop effective plans and meet deadlines.
- Consultant will be responsible for ensuring stakeholders are included when needed and follow protocol as defined in change management plan and communication plan.
- Ensures project stays well defined, including a detailed review of expectations, business drivers, requirements, design, SLAs, and success metrics.
- Keeps projects on track while managing risks and controlling quality.
- The technical project manager is expected to work hands on bringing value add to
- Microsoft dynamics warehouse management (WMS) implementation project in its development phase and Burau quality assurance (BQA) project in its integration development phase.
- 10 + years of experience hybrid PMO/planner/project Leader/project coordinator.
- Interface with project team members to understand project team requirements.
- Interface with technical teams and learn the technical flow of complex systems in order to be able to report to users as well as management team
- Experience in technical project management in addition to a background in either development, quality assurance, or another technical related endeavor
- Work with QA teams and contribute to testing activities including smoke testing, functional, regression, system testing, integration and UAT testing;
- Perform project leadership functions, such as preparing project plans, monitoring and reporting on project progress, highlighting risks against the plan and desired solution, and mentoring team members;
- Communicate frequently with all project stakeholders to provide project status, risk analysis, technical recommendations and resource constraints that may impact strategic direction;
- Experience in cloud-based system implementation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and support triage, reporting and correction of production software
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Engage and coordinate with a diverse set of teams, both internal and external, on a daily basis.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: -
Familiarity with COBOL, decommissioning mainframe systems. Preferred knowledge of procurement systems.
- 5+years’ experience in .NET, Angular GS and C Sharp
- Expert level knowledge and experience with SQL server TSQL in SQL Server 2008 and above; writing stored procedures, views, and user defined functions.
- Experience with SQL Server services like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS is a must.
- Multiple full lifecycle implementation experience.
- Skills in ascertaining requirements for automated processes and translating them into efficient database objects.
- Preferred: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Ability to plan all phases of projects starting with source, transformation and target.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- MS certified preferred MCST or MCP SQL Server