Title: IMS Database Mgr/Admin
Location: Trenton, NJ
Engagement Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
Interview Type: Both Phone and In Person
This Database Manager/Administrator is the expert DBA responsible for support of the OIT IMS environment.
- This role requires an IMS Database Administrator with over 10 years of support (as a DBA).
- This individual will be responsible for IMS Version 14 enhancements and eventually upgrading to version 15.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive, recent experience maintaining and supporting IMS databases, providing backups, recoveries, and disaster recovery.
- This individual will monitor space utilization for all IMS databases, Logs, etc. Will also monitor IMS database fragmentation and perform reorgs when required.
- Provide logical and physical database design and implementation of physical DB structures into IMS DBMS.
- Provide technical and lead Database support for OIT projects to facilitate successful completion of established goals.
Daily core-hour on-site support presence and on-call availability during off hours.
- Database administration of IMS DBMS
- Prior hands on work with DBCTL
- IBM Z/OS
- IBM Utilities
- Prior experience with IMS version 14
- Prior experience using CA IMS SYSVIEW for monitoring.
- Prior experience supporting DB2 as a DBA
- Understanding of NJOIT business processes and operations.