Requisition Id: 572137
Title: Business Intelligence Developer (WebFocus)
client: state client
Duration: 3 months
location: Trenton, NJ
Relevant work Experience: 10+ years
The Senior Consultant 2 is a Business Intelligence Developer with 7+ years experience in WebFOCUS Products Coordinate Design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/Technical requirements.
Candidate must be able to:
- Provide development services to clients using Information Builders’ core product WebFOCUS which include the core features and capabilities of reporting (including Ad Hoc), Dialogue Manager, Info Assist and App Studio.
- Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application development, application deployment, application maintenance, problem resolution, hands-on experience working with WebFOCUS’ architecture including security model.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and configure core WF products on local environment.
- Display a working knowledge of at least one Database Management Systems, relational/SQL DBMS’s.
- Develop a working knowledge of at least one operating system and display an ability to learn others.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of WebFOCUS 8.2.x (or above) security model and architecture environment.
- Possess strong communication skills spoken and written skills.
- Provide status and operational reports.
- Provide accurate level of efforts for design and programming efforts for system changes and enhancements to established priorities.
- Provide user training and detailed technical design documentation.
- Review system test approach and conditions used as the basis for detailed test scenarios.
The Senior Consultant 2 is responsible for evaluating existing systems and/or new user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement information system changes. Consultants typically are familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, methodologies, practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Consultants are able to perform a variety of complicated tasks with minimal or no direct supervision. Defines system and application architecture and provides vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to organization. Consults with client to define need or problem, conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. The Senior Consultant may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to and/or receives strategic direction from an executive or a manager.
All roles specified in Senior Consultant 2 plus the following:
Provides strategic consultation direction to management. Provides measurable intellectual capital in developing solutions and solving problems. Experience developing architectural components to functional, technical and industry standards. Coordinate work with other IT professionals on system development teams. Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate. Proficient in more than one IT architectural discipline defined as information technology, computer programming, computer security, computer systems analysis, database management, information systems, internet applications and development, software development, and related fields.
May manage or oversee the tasks and priorities of one or more supervisors or team leaders. Advises client on alternate methods of solving need or problem, or recommends specific solution. Mentor and coach peers and subordinates. Provide knowledge transfer to peers and subordinates.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study or advanced degree
- Prior extensive experience developing, implementing and supporting architecture/security within IBI WebFOCUS 8.x (full life cycle)
- Developing and implementing WebFOCUS Managed reporting
- Configuring and Supporting WebFOCUS Managed reporting Admin/Security (Domain)
- Develop schedules in WebFOCUS ReportCaster
- Support of code within Microsoft SQL Server
- Prior experience writing queries in PL/SQL
- Work with Active Directory with WebFOCUS
- AIX Working knowledge
- Developing & implementing ESRI Mapping, Page Designer. and Dashboard portal reporting
- Prior work experience with TFS 2012
- Prior work experience with Task Manager
- Hands on exposure to BizTalk
- SSH tools / Shell scripting
- Prior exp writing Web Service Routines