Requisition Id: 576037
Title: Automation Engineer
client: state client
Duration: 12 months
location: Durham NC
The NC Department of Health and Human Services seeks contract resources to assist with the support of the NC FAST Application Development Environment for NC Families Accessing Services through Technology (NC FAST). This resource will deliver an automated CI/CD solution to support automated deployments, environment hosting and monitoring. This resource will independently manage the workload, coordinate priorities and complete deliverables based on a successful track record of implementing large scale automation in an On-Prem/hybrid cloud infrastructure. This resource will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in DevOps Automation to provide technical support to IT Operations around automation solution usage and troubleshooting, and design, develop and drive a custom modular, reusable-automation CI/CD solution from ground-up to ensure rapid availability of the NCFAST environments. This role will support building new systems environments and upgrade/patch existing ones through use of automation tooling, as well as be responsible for analyzing infrastructure automation requirements and work hands-on in the development of Infrastructure-As-Code(IAC).
- Experience in designing and building DevOps automation solutions
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Ansible, Salt).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, TeamCity, UrbanCode Build/Deploy/Release).
- Experience with HashiCorp tooling (Terraform, Packer, Vault).
- Experience in modern programming in at least one or more modern languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, and other common scripting languages).
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, GIT).
- Experienc with infrastructures technologies – Hardware, OS, network, storage, firewall, security, Central Logging & Monitoring (Splunk, Solarwinds).
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five years of related experience.
- Knowledge of at least one or more containerization technologies like Docker/Kubernetes