Jr. Full Stack Engineer
Innovation Department is a technology studio that invests in and grows brands by bringing a technological perspective to human problems. Our team works directly with the founding teams in our portfolio companies on technical development, design, marketing, operations, strategy, and finance.
This hands-on approach enables us to understand our portfolio companies on a 1:1 level, giving us an unparalleled understanding of how to help them achieve business success. In our SoHo studio, we work alongside some of our portfolio companies in an entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment.
We’ve invested in and helped build exceptional companies, including Dropbox, Lyft, ClassPass, Cinematique, Aloha, Daily Harvest, Wine Awesomeness, WellPath, DojoMojo and others.
We’re looking for a passionate Junior Full Stack Developer who has a strong understanding of the latest web tools and technologies related to both front end and back end development. This person will work closely with our various portfolio company teams to develop new highly visible products as well as deliver internal solutions.
- Design, develop, and test web applications/components for our portfolio brands
- Perform website conversion optimization including A/B testing
- Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams throughout all phases of the software and product development lifecycle.
- Fluent in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with SQL & relational databases
- Generalist and eager to learn and work with a lot of different technologies
- A positive attitude, flexible mindset and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done, and having fun. Not many jobs offer such a wide range of exposure to different businesses and business functions. We look at a huge range of businesses and work closely with a select group to help them grow. As a result, we provide an outstanding training ground for both aspiring investors and entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a monthly book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To express your interest in this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org