We’re seeking aspiring entrepreneurs and start-up enthusiasts to complete a hands-on, high impact program focused on growing brands that Innovation Department has invested in or developed within our SoHo Studio. The ideal candidate will have a data-first mindset, a background in marketing, finance, or consulting, and a demonstrated enthusiasm for technology and entrepreneurship.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Entrepreneur in Residence Training Program is a 2-year development program that offers candidates exposure to all business functions required to successfully operate a technology start-up. Candidates will begin the program as a Strategy & Operations Associate, and work on scaling existing products within Innovation Department’s portfolio and on launching new products and brands that fit within our investment playbook.
Throughout the duration of the program, the Strategy & Operations Associate will work in the following areas:
- Marketing, including planning and executing campaigns throughout the marketing funnel
- Finance, including building and maintaining operating models
- Operations, including inventory forecasting and fulfillment management
- Product Development, including design, testing, and production of new consumer products
- Strategy & Planning, including customer retention strategies, executing partnerships, and brand management
In addition to developing fundamental operating skills, you will also be exposed to venture capital investments that Innovation Department considers. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Following completion of the 2-year Entrepreneur in Residence Training Program, the Strategy & Operations Associate has the opportunity to become a Business Lead for one of Innovation Department’s brands or even launch his/her own company with our support. We also provide our support with VC introductions, start-up referrals, or guidance for business school plans.
- Leverage financial modeling to forecast revenue and profitability based on historical data and performance in various marketing channels
- Anticipate and execute production runs based on inventory forecasting and expected cash flows
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to understand consumer behavior; Apply these learnings to future product development and marketing campaigns
- Work with Innovation Department’s designers on branding initiatives and the creation of various marketing assets
- Coordinate with our engineering team to develop and successfully execute on site creation and optimization testing
- Research and analyze data relating to user behavior metrics, and recommend ways to improve conversion rates
- Lead production processes and be point-of-contact with manufacturers, co-packers, and fulfillment operations
- 2+ years of investment banking, consulting, or in an operating role at a technology start-up
- Bachelor’s degree with a history of excellent academic performance (GPA 3.5+)
- Experience with or a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to anticipate needs, creative problem solving, and quick analytical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a positive can-do attitude
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done, and having fun. Not many jobs offer such a wide range of exposure to different businesses and business functions. We look at a huge range of businesses and work closely with a select group to help them grow. As a result, we provide an outstanding training ground for both aspiring investors and entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of SoHo, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a monthly book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To express your interest in this role, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com