We’re looking for a talented senior software engineer to join our diverse and growing engineering team. For the right person, this role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We need someone who has a passion for creating excellent user experiences that our customers and their employees will love. We’re motivated by the fact that our product will impact the day-to-day of businesses and field employees by bringing them modern technology for a more enriched work life.
We are a San Francisco company whose customers include many well-known global enterprises across several industries such as Whole Foods, Allstate, H&R Block, Kohl’s, Benefit Cosmetics, Caterpillar, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Nest, Workday, and Comcast.
What you’ll do:
- Build Inkling web applications using React, Redux, Flow, Express, and more
- Work on project-based teams with backend engineers that are building features with technologies like Node.js, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- Work with product managers, designers, and other teams to understand our customer's problems and what an elegant, delightful solution would look like
- Work closely with design using tools like Zeplin and InVision
- Plan, architect, and iterate on impactful features
- Contribute beyond the level of a single engineer by advocating for good engineering practices and mentoring other engineers on your team
- An understanding of design principles that lead to scalable and maintainable web application architectures
- Our team values working well with other people. You must have excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate well with our product, design and other engineering teams
What we offer:
- Flexibility - we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members on our team who need to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Uncapped PTO
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (and dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden - hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.