Inkling is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our San Francisco based team and help grow our Inkling Knowledge business. The primary responsibility of the Business Development Representative is to communicate the Knowledge value proposition to influencers and decision makers and acquire qualified leads for our Sales team to explore.
This role involves researching companies/contacts, inbound and outbound campaigns, and qualifying these opportunities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a Sales position with a team and company poised for growth.
- Generate new business via outbound prospecting into strategic accounts via phone and email
- Establish short and long term strategies for generating and qualifying sales leads
- Nurture and qualify new leads and relationships that become business opportunities
- Cold calling and prospecting; pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Meet or exceed sales objectives
- 1+ years of relevant software sales development experience
- Or transferable experience from another sales profession e.g. ad sales, recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Determination to succeed
- Ability to pitch complex software to a non-technical audience
- Track record thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, self-starting environment
- Bachelor’s degree; business or technical degree a plus
Inkling is on a mission to transform the way field workers get work done. As more businesses invest in mobile devices to help field teams do their jobs, we will be the #1 enterprise software system for communicating with and coordinating execution in field teams.
Inkling Knowledge makes it easy to deliver training and operational guides to field employees in an interactive, mobile-first format. Content creators can enhance content with interactivity, distribute with 1-click, and track and measure content effectiveness with embedded analytics.
We are a San Francisco company standing at over 100 employees and growing rapidly. We have backing by some of Silicon Valley's best investors including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. We’re proud of customers which include well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Whole Foods, and Benefit Cosmetics.
Join our incredible team, and also enjoy:
- Uncapped PTO (i.e. time away as you need it)
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (and dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement (or subsidized gym membership at this fancy place)
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery Bart station (also, we have a roof garden--hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.