The Front End Designer onboards new clients to Inkling tools and technologies. The Front End Designer will work as part of Inkling’s Customer Success team, configuring Inkling’s Habitat platform (Inkling’s cloud-based digital authoring environment) for client-specific use cases. You'll be responsible for creating beautiful & reflowable design templates out of HTML and CSS/SASS, consulting on content conversion between print and digital formats and digital design best practices, and training & mentoring new client teams working in Habitat. You'll be resourceful, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and great at communicating as part of a team.
What you will do:
- Design templates and stylesheets for Habitat content
- Build templates and develop best practices to optimize the Habitat authoring experience
- Implement designs using extensible HTML and CSS/SASS
- Partner with editorial teams to ensure quality and accuracy of styled content
- Advise clients on content conversion between print & digital formats
- Advise clients on digital design best practices
- Train and mentor new client teams working in Habitat
What we look for:
- 3+ years work experience in a design-oriented role
- Professional knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and SASS
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and/or similar design tools
- Good graphic design, typography, and information design skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Bachelor's degree in design, engineering or related field
- Or completion of an immersive developer bootcamp
- Teaching or training experience preferred
- Experience in a customer-facing role preferred
Inkling is on a mission to transform the way field teams get work done. As more businesses invest in getting mobile devices in the hands of their field teams, we are poised to be the #1 enterprise software system for communicating with and coordinating task execution on the store floor or in the field.
Inkling Knowledge makes it easy to deliver training and operational guides to field employees in an interactive, mobile-first format. Content creators can enhance content with interactivity, distribute with 1-click, and track and measure content effectiveness with embedded analytics.
We are a San Francisco company standing at more than 100 employees and growing rapidly. We have backing by some of Silicon Valley's best investors, including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. We’re proud of our customer list, which includes well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Whole Foods, and Benefit Cosmetics.
What we offer:
- Flexibility--we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members of our team who need time to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Highly competitive salary and equity compensation
- Uncapped PTO (i.e. time away as you need it)
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (and dinner's on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly gym / wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden--hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.