At Inkling, we are on a mission to transform the way the mobile workforce gets work done. Our products help businesses be more efficient, by impacting everyone from upper management to the workers in the field. “Inkling Loop” includes secure group messaging, workflow tools for field employees and managers, and real-time notices from headquarters - all in a mobile first format.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Back End Software Engineer to join our diverse and growing engineering team. For the right person, this role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We’re motivated by the fact that our product will impact the day-to-day of businesses and field employees by bringing them modern technology for a more enriched work life.
We are a San Francisco company backed by some of Silicon Valley's most prominent investors including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. Our customers include well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Kohl’s, Whole Foods, Benefit Cosmetics and Caterpillar, Inc.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and use real-time messaging APIs
- Work with a variety of cutting edge services like DynamoDB, Firebase and Lambda
- Architect a large-scale backend system by creatively leveraging technologies like Elasticsearch, Redshift and S3
- Follow the innovations and methodologies of relevant technologies and incorporate new ideas into our codebases
- Collaborate with our product, design, and other internal teams to come up with the best solutions for Inkling that are delightful to our users and maintainable technically
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Previous experience with Amazon Web Services
- History working with messaging or real-time backend services
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals: either through education or self-taught
- Professional experience in a large-scale production environment
- Curiosity and a desire to always be learning
What we offer:
- Flexibility - we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members on our team who need to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Uncapped PTO
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401k program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden - hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.