Inkling’s mobile workforce enablement platform connects your field workforce managers to the information they need do their jobs—all on mobile. Inkling Workflow is built for the needs of retail including secure group messaging, workflow tools for field employees and managers, and real-time notices from headquarters.
Inkling Workflow reduces the labor hours needed to effectively run each store by focusing those hours on the most important work. It provides managers with real-time visibility into project status across stores, freeing up their time to focus on talent management and store performance. With Inkling Workflow, stores can finally harness modern technology to deliver better customer experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and use real-time messaging APIs
- Work with a variety of cutting edge services like DynamoDB, Firebase and Lambda
- Architect a large-scale backend system by creatively leveraging technologies like Elasticsearch, Redshift and S3
- Follow the innovations and methodologies of relevant technologies and incorporate new ideas into our codebases
- Collaborate with our product, design, and other internal teams to come up with the best solutions for Inkling that are delightful to our users and maintainable technically
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software developer using Node.js
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Previous experience with Amazon Web Services
- History working with messaging or real-time backend services
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals: either through education or self-taught
- Professional experience in a large-scale production environment
- Curiosity and a desire to always be learning
Inkling is on a mission to transform the way field teams get work done. As more businesses invest in getting mobile devices in the hands of their field teams, we are poised to be the #1 enterprise software system for communicating with and coordinating task execution on the store floor or in the field.
Inkling Workflow is a mobile solution for reducing labor expenses and improving the customer experience by providing visibility into field execution.
We are a San Francisco company standing at more than 100 employees and growing rapidly. We have backing by some of Silicon Valley's best investors, including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. We’re proud of our customer list, which includes well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Whole Foods, and Benefit Cosmetics.
What we offer:
- Flexibility--we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members of our team who need time to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Highly competitive salary and equity compensation
- Uncapped PTO (i.e. time away as you need it)
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (and dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly gym / wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden--hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.