At Inkling our vision is to transform the day-to-day of the deskless worker by bringing them powerful information technology, eliminating paper, bad software, and the inefficiency that comes with both.
We’re looking for a Lead UX Researcher to join our San Francisco team and help shape Inkling’s product offerings. Working as part of the product organization, you will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to create inspiring and delightful user experiences.
We are a San Francisco company backed by some of Silicon Valley's most prominent investors including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. Our customers include well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Kohl’s, Whole Foods, Benefit Cosmetics and Caterpillar, Inc.
- Work with product management, design, and engineering to conduct UX research to hone product performance as seen through the lens of its users
- Evangelize research and the user’s voice in product and design strategy. Identify and execute on research opportunities
- Schedule, plan, and run generative interviews, test prototypes, and conduct usability studies for Inkling’s core products
- Gather and analyze data to inform product and design decisions
- Translate research findings into impactful recommendations
- Act as an advocate for the user throughout the product development cycle
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or MA/MSc. Preferred areas of study: HCI, psychology, anthropology, interaction design
- Four or more years of product/UX research for web and mobile applications
- Excellent knowledge of research best practices and methodologies including: field studies, survey design, and usability testing methods
- Worked with teams to create research-backed foundational UX documents (e.g, personas, journey maps, etc)
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – including the ability to create and deliver compelling and succinct presentations to internal stakeholders and customers
- Humility and a genuinely collaborative attitude
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Lean UX approaches and UX design
- Experience creating and leading research & design thinking workshops
- Experience mentoring junior researchers
- Experience in quantitative methods
- Experience working in Enterprise SaaS
What we offer:
- Flexibility - we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members on our team who need to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Uncapped PTO
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden - hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.