At Inkling, we are on a mission to transform the way the mobile workforce gets work done. Inkling Knowledge allows businesses to easily create, manage and distribute content across their workforce - all in a mobile first format. Our products help businesses be more efficient, by impacting everyone from upper management to the workers in the field.
We’re looking for a talented full stack software engineer to join our diverse and growing engineering team. Our team enables our users to build, manage, collaborate on, and distribute their documents. We are looking for an engineer who cares deeply about communication tools and is excited to push forward state of the art of digital documents and the tools used to create them. For the right person, this role comes with a lot of autonomy and the potential to have a large impact on product direction. We’re motivated by the fact that our product will impact the day-to-day of businesses and field employees by bringing them modern technology for a more enriched work life.
We are a San Francisco company backed by some of Silicon Valley's most prominent investors including Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. Our customers include well-known global enterprises such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Kohl’s, Whole Foods, Benefit Cosmetics and Caterpillar, Inc.
What you’ll do:
- Develop applications that are rich and complex, yet thoroughly maintainable
- Design, implement, and use flexible REST APIs and microservices that integrate a variety of datastores, including PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Memcache
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other teams within the company to design and build products and features that empower and delight our users
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Effective collaborator with strong communication skills
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Java or similar
- Understanding of MVC patterns and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with the components of cloud-based services, including caching, database architecture, API design, queueing services, etc.
- Experience writing web applications
- Love for learning and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
What we offer:
- Flexibility - we’re respectful of “Make Time” for members on our team who need to be heads down and expect that our team members can figure out how and when they work best
- Uncapped PTO
- Full suite of medical/dental/vision benefits (premiums paid at 80% by Inkling)
- Catered lunch and snacks served daily (dinner is on us if you’re working late)
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone/data reimbursement
- Pre-tax dollar benefits (401(k) program; commuter assistance)
- Beautiful office in the heart of the Financial District, just a few blocks from Montgomery BART station (also, we have a roof garden - hello, lunch al fresco!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.