Interested in joining our IT Support team in our LA office? You will be exposed to a variety of technologies for one of the world’s leading visual effects studios.
You will work out of our Los Angeles location and also interface with our NY location at times. The majority of the work will be face-to-face with staff among various departments and will require some remote assistance with our NY team.
- Operate as a first response to provide technical support and escalate issues appropriately to Development and IT
- Assist Development and IT teams in the planning, implementation, maintenance, support, and relocation of studio infrastructure (software + hardware, including workstations, servers, laptops, storage, network, backups and audio\video equipment, peripherals, setting up desks for new artists, etc.)
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of studio assets and data
- Generate and maintain both internal and end-user documentation
- On rare occasions, be able to perform after hours and/or weekend support
- On rare occasions, assist with daily office duties: includes phone coverage, opening/closing of the office, office moves, etc.
- Relevant technical skills and experience
- OSX, Windows, Linux (Centos)
- Solid understanding of PC and Server hardware
- Exposure to software used in the Vfx industry (Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Substance Painter, etc.) is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills with the ability to “think on your feet” to come up with creative ideas and solutions to technical problems
- A passion and willingness to learn new skills, techniques and technologies
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and work well with others
- Effectively communicate with people with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team
- A keen focus on attention to detail and customer service
- Ability to deal with an unpredictable workload. Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with fluid requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure