If you are driving on a highway in North America, there is a good chance that Info Tech software was used to build it. In the U.S., 88% of state transportation agencies use Info Tech-developed software to manage their road construction projects. We support all aspects of road construction from managing bids to secure document signing to cost estimation and inspection. As a User Experience Designer and member of the Software Development team, you’ll play a direct role in building and improving the construction and safety of road and highway infrastructure.
The User Interface/ Experience Developer:(UX/UI) creates and enhances digital interfaces to make an effortless and enjoyable experience for Info Tech consumers. Combining design, user-centered research and front-end development best practices, the: UX/UI Developer has a strong passion for working with and simplifying complex systems that span multiple products. From ensuring smooth navigation to enhancing visual appeal, the UX/UI Developer takes initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities which improve product offerings and functionality. They promote standards and best practices for fellow developers, regularly contributing with little oversight beyond high-level direction and providing guidance for less experienced developers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Design or a related field, and 2 years relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies and lo-fi and high-fi prototyping skills.
- 4+ years’ experience with front-end software development languages and frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of user-centered design and methodologies and processes such as usability testing, persona creation and customer research experience.
- Prior experience with graphic design.
- Prior experience with the horizontal construction industry.
- Languages: C#, Python, Ruby, Perl or Node.js;
- Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, .NET;
- Source control management: Git, CodeCommit or Mercurial.
HIRING TIMELINE AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications will be reviewed until Friday, August 17, 2018. Cover letters are strongly encouraged.
Info Tech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. Equal access to employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.