Who we are
At Informed K12, we’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more about us at www.informedk12.com
About the role
As an Account Executive, you’ll come in and learn our sales motion from the bottom-up. You’re excited to experience and navigate the complexity of the K-12 space, spending your first 6-9 months mastering the structure and relationships at school districts through cold-calling, prospecting and learning from our Senior AEs before moving into taking deals full cycle.
Whether it be business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising, your career journey illustrates a strong track record in relationship building and fearless networking. You are motivated by hitting targets using your fail-safe relationship-centric, values-driven approach. In your next opportunity, it is important to you that you have the room to flex your entrepreneurial muscles, work in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with an exceptional team of bold industry leaders to drive lasting impact in our schools.
Salary range includes variable compensation based on quota attainment. However, the commission is uncapped.
Your responsibilities will include
- Researching, identifying, and qualifying district partners through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision-makers.
- Generating new leads in existing territory by meeting targets for outreach activities and opportunities created.
- Creating strategic prospect lists for email/phone campaigns, conference attendance, etc.
- Defining and implementing territory sales plans that strategically build a network of key clients, advocates, and extend market reach.
- Developing relationships with director and Superintendent-level roles through demos and in-person visits, while achieving buy-in from all relevant stakeholders within K12 school systems.
- Maximizing territory penetration and keep abreast of industry and market dynamics affecting the selling environment.
- Prioritizing and managing all sales activities through our CRM database.
- Representing Informed K12 at conferences and other networking events.
Who you are
- Learning-oriented: You’re looking for a role where you can expand your Sales expertise, managing a full-cycle, complex solution sale where you’ll be exposed to diverse buying groups and taking a new product to market.
- Entrepreneurial. You’re industrious and can do a lot with a little. You demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle – from maintaining existing relationships to identifying new prospects and managing deliveries.
- Strategic & Quick on your feet. You imagine possibilities left and right. And yet you always have a vision for where you’re headed and only pursue ideas and opportunities that help support that strategic direction.
- A Relationship Builder. People are drawn to you. You earn respect and trust quickly; and have a knack for successfully building new relationships to scale your team's mission.
- Articulate & Sharp. You have a reputation for being particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You have a strong and confident presence.
What you’ll need
- Above all, an ability to quickly and clearly articulate a value proposition for K12 buyers.
- 1-3 years of experience (preferably in business development role in enterprise SaaS or in a closing role in a B2C organization), demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized, connect with buyers, and hit measurable goals.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to connect ideas and diverse audiences fluidly.
- Experience with a CRM, Salesforce preferred
How to apply
- Fill out the application below
- Please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, let us know why you are passionate about EdTech.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values
is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We implement policies like the Rooney rule
in hiring and work with organizations such as Code2040
. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.